Monday, April 28, 2014

Scottish Rock

I love the climbing in Scotland, but I'm ashamed to admit whilst I've done over a hundred winter routes, I've done only a couple of handfuls of summer routes. It was great therefore to have the excuse to visit last week in the form of Chris's stag do. Doubly great in that the day after my blog on optimism I strained my calf so couldn't run but could still limp up routes.
Jon and I left Sheffield at 6am, stopped off at the excellent Creag Dubh for a quick route and landed at the campsite at Clachtoll 12 hours later. As stag dos go it was thankfully super enjoyable with ascents of the Old man of Stoer, cragging at Reiff and Lochinver venison pies rather than any mankinies or too much substance abuse. Sandy did bring us all pairs of matching bad taste lycra to keep a decent dose of silliness. Best of all we were blessed with dry weather and NO midges! Here's a few pics.
Our wonderfully situated campsite at Clachtoll
 The Old man of Stoer
Ben on the approach with bad taste lycra
Halfway
 Ben on Hy Brasil at Reiff
Me on A walk across the rooftops at Reiff
Sandy on the outstanding Grey Panther at Kilt Rock, Skye later in the week

No comments: