Friday, April 1, 2011

More Alps

A few more pics here from The West face of the Plan. The line of the route.
Me setting off the first pitch - a rather savage crack with some full blown laybacking and minimal feet - luckily its only about 15ft long, nevertheless I spent longer recovering at its top with hot aches than actually climbing it!

Since getting back from Chamonix I've been getting stuck into my running, managing 6 runs this week. I'm never going to be a brilliant runner, but I love the feeling of freedom it gives. At the moment it's much more manageable time-wise than climbing, plus I've got what feels like tendon pain in my left palm from all the plunging into unconsolidated snow heading through the night back to the midi. Still I've a chance to head back to the Alps in a couple of weeks - an even slimmer window this time but fingers crossed I can sneek in another quick route, and the running might pay off and I won't be limping along the snow-plodding bits so much.

No comments: