Thursday, February 11, 2010

Whats in store over the next few weeks

I thought it worth giving a little heads up for some of the events I'm involved with over the next few weeks. I've been watching a lot of adventure films at the moment (Ive got 46 to get through) in my role as judge for the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival which is being held for the 5th year at The Showroom Cinema in Sheffield on March 12th-14th. The standard of films so far has been very good, better than last year from the ones Ive seen. Alongside the films there will be live music, an urban orienteering event and something I'm very excited about on Saturday night the Arc'teryx Adventure Shot Competition and quiz night. I'll blog more about this event in future but it's a giveaway at £3 for tickets and its held in the Cafe bar so promises to be a memorably rowdy affair. More SHAFF info here http://www.shaff.co.uk/

Ive also a few lectures coming up. Firstly at the Winding Wheel Theatre in Chesterfield on Wednesday 24the Feb more info here http://www.speakersfromtheedge.com/events/ian-parnell-chesterfield-24th-february-2010

And then on Saturday 27th as part of the Hope Film Festival, at the Hope Valley College, more info here http://www.hvaff.co.uk/whats-on/lectures.html#parnell

Finally I've a few friends (Mat Audibert, Audrey Gariepy, Hans Hornberer, Ines Papert) coming over from Germany and Quebec for a Scottish winter tour. I'm meeting them tonight and then heading out to the hills over the next few days. Conditions for once are looking good for our visitors and if anyone is familiar with these guys they'll know that some exciting climbing is very likely. I'll try and post as the week progresses.

1 comment:

Toby - Northern Light Blog said...

I have something of a crush on the lovely Fraulein Papert, and look forward to some pics of her "crushing it" on the Ben or where ever. Have a great trip!